Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wii should really figure out something to do besides play Wii, shouldn't Wii???

Well, I admit it.  Cole is OBSESSED with Wii.  He also got a DSi for his birthday, but it is no match for the Wii.  And with the snow storm we had, he's been on it SO much.  We always said we wouldn't be 'those' parents.  The ones that let their kids play video games all day and eat potato chips.  Good thing my fridge is usually stocked full of strawberries and blueberries.  Come spring, we'll be outside all day working in the flower beds and playing BASEBALL!!!  Until then, I'll just keep saying, "You know come spring we'll be working in the flower beds and playing baseball." And I'm still trying to convince him (and Shane) that it's not 'quality' family time if you're yelling and getting mad at each other over a freaking game.  One of these times I'm going to record them so they can hear themselves.  


On a brighter note...hahaha....we got some sunshine this weekend!!!  Melted most of the snow, and school is in session for the first time in five days.  Although, I hear there's another wave of it coming this week.  I'm prepared.  Went to Walmart and got my cinnamon vanilla coffee creamer, so I'm good to go.  No, really...today I made homemade chicken noodle soup and spicy bean soup.  Put them in bowls in the freezer for us to pop out when we feel like a good cup o' comfort and viola.  I'm proud.  Come a LONG way from the days I kept forgetting to let the water boil before adding noodles.  


And I tell ya...that Lane.  He is a helper.


He bellied up to the sink for 45 MINUTES tonight 'helping' me wash all those dishes.  Then, even with ten- and five-minute warnings, when I pulled him down, oh, my gracious.  Full.  Blown.  Fit.  But he got over it very quickly.  When I sit on the couch and tell him I want to hold him, he's there.  Most every time. He's just my little lover bear like that.  What's really funny about that picture is if you look close enough, it appears I'm growing onions in my glass trivet bowl. Oh geez...and after all that time in the kitchen today.


That same lover bear is going to throw one of those full-blown fits in the morning at daycare after being with me for so many days in a row.  And I'll spend half the day mad at my job.  And the world.  And the frigg'in lady that beat me to the bicep machine at the Y.  Oh...let's not go there yet.  I've had one too many fat pajama pants days to talk about working out.  (I typically don't mention the Y to anyone unless I've actually been there consecutively for a long time.  Like a good two days in a row.)


"She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes." Prov. 31:21

No comments:

Post a Comment