Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Where Two or Three are Gathered...

Now, that Cole....  


He's a six-year-old.  Well, okay....six-and-three-quarters-year-old.  And THEN some.  And so many times he acts like a true six-year-old would act.  And should act.  But then there are times like tonight.


As I was tucking Cole in, we were talking about...well, I don't even remember.  I was tired and just ready to get in bed.  Then he started talking.  Initially, very nonchalantly.  About at school one day how he "helped Carlos Alexander Torres pray to ask Jesus into his heart."  (That part woke me up).  Cole started smiling and getting excited.  I was asking open-ended questions, not wanting to encourage him to exaggerate the facts.  He shared with me the words he prayed...


Cole:  "Then Carlos followed me."


Me:     "Like, repeated you?"


Cole:   "Yes!!"  (cool snicker).
           "Like, 'Dear Jesus...thank You for this day.  Please help me to become a Christian.  Please keep    
            everybody safe.  Please come into my heart.'  Then I said, 'You're a Christian!!'  And he was  
            really excited.  (cool snicker)  He probably told his mom and dad."


Me:    (heart melting)


Only God knows what happened on that playground.  But I can only hope and pray for Carlos Alexander Torres and his family.  That maybe...just maybe...if nothing else, that there was a seed planted in that little boy's heart.


"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:20

No comments:

Post a Comment